Winter is behind us for another year and it wasn’t too bad really was it?
This can only mean one thing, Spring has sprung and Summer Storms are on the way.
Spring is the perfect time to prepare your yards and property for when storm season hits!
As we all know, living on the Gold Coast, storms can hit at any time with little or no warning and can cause a huge amount of damage to a home or property. Not just this but it can cause injury and loss of life.
We advise our customers to have their trees checked regularly to ensure they can withstand the Queensland Storms. The trees may look healthy and safe to the homeowner but a qualified Arborist can detect whether they will withstand a typical storm or need to be removed to keep you, your family and home safe.
As you can imagine, demand for our Gold Coast tree services surges after storms, so here are some tips to avoid storm damage from trees:
Signs Of An Unsafe Tree
- Branches, limbs and trunks with cracks in them
- Trees that are on a lean
- Branches that overhand your home or property
- Branches that are low hanging and very close to your home or property
- Trees that are decaying, don’t look healthy
Below is a checklist to help prepare your property or home for storm season.
- Clean out gutters and drains and inspect regularly
- Trim trees back from your house
- Remove garden rubbish
- Secure loose items within your property and around your home
- Ensure all shade sails and awnings are secure and fitted correctly
- Engage a qualified Tree Arborist to inspect any suspect trees
- Remove any trees that is deemed unsafe by your Arborist. This will save you money in the long run if this tree causes damage to your property during a storm
- Have a safe place for your pets to hide out in if you aren’t home when the storm hits
- Get to know your neighbour to ensure they are storm ready. Their trees and possessions can do as much damage to your property as your own.
What to do after a storm
- Remove any fallen branches and debris
- Inspect and clean out gutters
- Inspect property for damage and repair
- Re engage a qualified Arborist to reinspect trees as storm damage can make them a future threat
- Prepare for next storm
|JC Tree Services||Ph: 0418 451 814|
|SES||Ph: 132 500|
|Energex||Ph: 131 962|
|Police, Fire, Ambulance||Ph: 000|
Being proactive prior, during and after a storm may save you money and heartache if damage was to occur.
Give JC Tree Services a call for your FREE assessment of your property on 0411 195 704 or click CONTACT US and we will be in touch.
Don’t get caught out this storm season and play it safe!